Vegan Penne Alfredo
Super simple one-pot Alfredo! I’m still amazed at the flavor.
I’ve realized that I come up with the tastiest recipes when I’m on a budget. I was originally going to add tomatoes in this recipe because I felt like it just needed something more and a pop of color. By the time I went to add in the spinach and peas, there was just no room for tomatoes, and honestly, the flavor of the Alfredo sauce was so darn good, I could’ve eaten it with the noodles only. I decided to keep it simple and just use the peas and spinach for texture. I am starting to wonder if they actually use vegetable broth in the real Alfredo because the flavor is so on point, if not better! My husband took some to work and texted me “This is fye!” haha.
This recipe can be done in one pot. All you need is garlic, milk, and broth for the sauce. The key is to cook and allow the noodles to simmer in the broth to create the “sauce.” I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. I’m definitely going to be adding this new dish to my top cooked vegan meals.
2 oz penne noodles
1/2 cup vegetable broth or bouillon cube
2 cups hemp milk or any non-dairy milk alt
2 tbsp vegan butter
3 cloves garlic diced
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup oregano
3 tsp garlic powder
tsp pink salt
– Begin by heating the butter in a skillet big enough for the entire meal
– Add garlic to the skillet once hot
– Right before the garlic begins to brown, add in hemp milk, veggie broth, pink salt, and garlic
– Bring the pot to a boil then add in noodles. Allow them to boil for 3-4 minutes uncovered
– Next, add in spinach, peas, oregano, and parsley. Cover the pot and turn off. Allow simmering for 15-20 mins so the sauce can thicken
Do you get more creative with your meals when you’re on a budget? Share what kind of meals you’ve made in the comments!
peace & light,