Savory Vegetable Soup
Sightly sweet and savory soup! Perfect for the cold months ahead.
I only had to buy celery and green beans for this recipe, everything else I just had on hand and decided to throw together for a soup. Payday was a few days away and we were at the point have we had food but felt like we didn’t. I have this vegetable broth that I bought at Walmart for less than $4 and it’s always the perfect addition to quinoa broth etc. It’s getting cold, so obviously the soup was a great decision. I must say, the recipe is ridiculously flavorful with the broth in addition to the fresh herbs and seasonings. It tastes even better the next day.
- 4 cups vegetable broth or spring water with a bouillion
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 1 bag green beans cut into 1/3
- 1 entire stalk celery (4-5 celery sticks), chopped
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
– Saute your garlic, 1/2 of your onion, and 1/2 of your green pepper in a large pot
– Next, add in broth and bring to a boil
– Clean and cut carrots and green beans, then add to broth
– Let boil while you clean and cut celery, tomatoes and other ingredients for the next step
– Add the seasonings, parsley, spinach, celery, tomatoes, and the other 1/2 of your onion and pepper (add some seeds from the green pepper for extra flavor)
– Let simmer for 30-35 minutes for optimum flavor!
Share your favorite vegetable soup combo in the comments! Can’t wait to hear.
peace & light,