So hearty and delicious, you won’t miss the dead flesh in this dish.
A VEGAN POT ROAST!!! Seriously, this is one of me and my husband’s favorite dishes that I make at home. Who doesn’t love a good pot roast? Luckily, this roast won’t takes days and days to digest. You can use Portobello mushrooms for a thicker “meat” or stick with the Baby Bellas, either one is fine. I’ve made this recipe in a crockpot, in the oven, and stovetop. Crockpot and stovetop are my personal favorites. Stovetop is obviously a lot quicker when you haven’t planned tonight’s dinner ahead of time. I know it seems almost impossible for a vegan pot roast to replace your mom’s pot roast and cornbread, but give it a try. Share your pics on social media and tag me!
- 6 cups spring water
- 1 pkg baby bella mushrooms , halved
- 2 yellow or white onions, diced
- 10-14 celery sticks, chopped
- 6-8 potatoes, diced
- 1 bag mini carrots, whole
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 4 tsp vegetable better than bouillon
- 4 tbsp unbleached flour
- 4 tsp liquid aminos or vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Bring potatoes to a boil.
- Begin washing and prepping your other veggies.
- Add in carrots and 1/2 your onions after your potatoes have boiled for 4-5 minutes.
- Allow your carrots to soften by boiling for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms, celery, and the other 1/2 of the onion.
- Add in Better than Bouillon and stir.
- Remove 2 cups of broth and whisk in the flour.
- Return the broth to the pot and turn off the heat.
- Allow simmering for 15-20 minutes to thicken.
- Add your favorite hot sauce for the culture.
- Serve and Enjoy!
TIP: You can serve with quinoa or rice.